Become a Perpetual Student
It is time for us to accept that if we want to be winners, we must become perpetual students of:
- Our customers
- Our industry
- Our markets
- Our profession
In this ever-changing landscape, it is crucial that we start to look both inwards and outwards, to examine the ever-shifting business environment.
Look outside your Comfort Zone
Consistently find new ways to wow our customers, by:
- Accepting that you must Look outside your comfort zone, or should I say outside your “familiar zone”
- Accepting that both you and your organisation, have WEAKNESSES
- You must then uncover, innovative ways to mitigate or eliminate them.
- Identifying all possible THREATS in your markets and at your customers.
- This will support you to develop strategies, to help you to work around, mitigate or completely eliminate any weaknesses, both you and your organisation may have.
- Exploring your market and customers, so that you identify all the possible OPPORTUNITIES available to you.
- Once these opportunities are identified, you then need to develop plans to take advantage of all of them.
- Knowing what the STRENGTHS both you and your organisation possess
- Once you understand all the strengths, that both you and your organisation possess, you will be equipped to operate optimally.
Populate a SWOT Analysis Monthly
To ensure that you take the blinkers off and you start to develop a clear picture of everything, both positive and negative, going on in your business environment, it is crucial that you commit to conduct a SWOT analysis, at minimum once a month.
This will help you to do the following:
- Examine where you are
- Know what opportunities may have appeared, or disappeared
- Uncover everything that may have changed or is changing in your business environment and markets
- Identify any new skills, tools or techniques that may be required, to keep winning in the markets you serve
- Support you to identify any additional resources or other support you may need to succeed.