NEVER ASK – DID I CATCH YOU AT A BAD TIME?
- Instead simply Introduce yourself and deliver your initial five second power narrative
- Another approach is to start the conversation with a greeting, which includes something like “HOW ARE YOU”. Listen for their answer and then introduce yourself as before.
- Asking someone how they are, is nothing more than standard acceptable social behaviour and is pretty effective at breaking the ice with a prospective future customer.
- The secret when using this approach is to be authentic and to really listen to and respond appropriately to their response.
- You could even try this opener “HOW HAVE YOU BEEN”
- Yes, it does sound a little familiar, but if you have the right type of personality, it is a real winner and increases your chances of getting a meeting by 6 times.